Facebook Fitness Boost
Optimizing Facebook Performance: A Case Study on Health and Fitness Consumables
PointStory was approached by a health and fitness consumables brand facing challenges with their Facebook advertising strategy. Despite a substantial budget allocated to Facebook and Instagram, the brand struggled to achieve the desired return on ad spend (ROAS) and cost per acquisition (CPA). The narrow focus on middle-of-the-funnel traffic limited their ability to scale effectively. Additionally, the lack of insights and manual optimization opportunities hindered their campaign performance.
The brand primarily focused on middle-of-the-funnel traffic to drive Shopify sales, resulting in underperforming prospecting campaigns. This approach faced two significant challenges:
- Lack of Insights: The brand lacked insights to determine the most effective creative elements within its campaigns.
- Limited Optimization Opportunities: The implementation restricted manual optimization opportunities at the ad level, hindering performance improvements.
PointStory aimed to achieve the following objectives:
- Reduce CPAs for top-of-the-funnel campaigns.
- Increase ROAS.
- Expand brand reach and enhance brand awareness efforts.
PointStory devised a three-step approach to optimize the brand’s Facebook campaign performance:
Step 1: Diversification of Ad Set Level: The team diversified the ad set level within the prospecting campaign and thoroughly tested various targeting options. The most successful options included narrow, interest-based targeting focused on specific avatars and single-interest targeting.
Step 2: Ad Level Restructuring: To enable manual optimization and gain valuable data insights, the ad level structure was restructured. This allowed for aggressive creative testing, incorporating new ad types and communication styles focused on educating prospects.
Step 3: Landing Page Testing and Audience Expansion: Landing page testing was conducted in conjunction with expanding bottom-of-the-funnel audiences. This enabled the team to optimize the Facebook channel further and enhance conversion rates for paid social prospects.
The implementation of the three-step approach yielded significant improvements in campaign performance:
- Decrease in CPMs: Prospecting campaigns experienced a notable 35% decrease in cost per thousand impressions (CPMs). This reduction in CPMs indicated greater efficiency and cost savings for the brand.
- Increase in Click-Through Rates (CTR): Click-through rates increased by 15%, highlighting improved engagement and interest from the target audience. This increase in CTRs indicated a stronger connection between the ad content and the audience.
- Decrease in CPAs: Month-over-month, the brand witnessed a remarkable 21% decrease in cost per acquisition (CPAs). This improvement in CPAs was attributed to a higher quality target audience, focus on high-converting ad types, and directing top-of-the-funnel traffic to landing pages with superior conversion rates.
PointStory’s strategic approach resulted in substantial improvements in the brand’s Facebook campaign performance. The three-step approach successfully achieved a 35% decrease in CPMs, a 15% increase in click-through rates, and a 21% decrease in CPAs on a month-over-month basis. These improvements were driven by a combination of refined targeting, effective ad optimization, and optimized landing pages. With the implementation of a full-funnel structure and ongoing expertise, PointStory continues to drive elevated sales, decrease CPAs and CPMs, and pave the way for both short-term gains and long-term success. If you’re facing challenges with your Facebook campaigns, let PointStory unlock your brand’s potential and help you achieve your goals.
- Oct 12, 2022